Congratulations on your new ECM Casa V Espresso Machine. Watch our setup video on this single boiler espresso machine to help you get started.
Step 1: Inspect the box and the machine for damage
- Remove the machine from the box. We recommend saving all of the packing materials and boxes.
- Set the machine on a stable and level surface.
- Inspect the machine for damage. If you find any damage, please contact us immediately.
Step 2: Water Quality
- Before introducing any water to the machine, it’s important to test it to make sure it is adequately soft
- Use the included water test strip to verify the softness of your water. Ideally, we’re looking for a softness below 50 ppm.
- For more information on water, take a look at CliveCoffee.com/water or click the link in the description of this video.
- Once you have verified your water is adequately softened and filtered, fill the machine’s removeable water reservoir, ensuring that the floating fill indicator remains in place at the bottom of the reservoir.
- Step 3: Filling your boilers and turning on the machine
- Plug in your machine using either the standard plug or the converter cord supplied with the machine.
- Once the machine is is plugged in, place a small pitcher under the steam wand and turn the steam knob a few times counter clockwise to open the steam wand.
- Now turn the machine on and immediately depress the brew button. This will activate the pump and begin filling the boiler with water. Let the pump run until you see water coming from both the steam wand and group head. This should take less than one minute.
- Turn the steam knob clockwise to stop the flow of water and deactivate the brew button.
- You’ve used a lot of water, so now is a good time to refill the water reservoir.
- Once you see the heating light turn off you’ll know that the machine is up to temp.
- At this point, your machine is ready to pull your first shots.
Step 4: Steaming Milk
- The ECM Casa V is a single boiler, so to steam milk you’ll have to switch it to steam mode.
- Press the steam button. You’ll have to remove some water from the boiler to make room for steam. Rotate the steam knob counterclockwise to open it and, for five seconds, purge the water into a small pitcher. Wait 20 seconds, and purge the steam wand for another 5 seconds. Wait another 20 seconds and then purge the steam wand a final time. By now you should be seeing plenty of steam coming out of the steam wand. Feel free to to close the steam wand.
- Insert the steam wand into your milk and open the steam wand.