Please watch this video to show you the best way to get started with your Dalla Corte Mina Espresso Machine.
Step 1: Inspect the crate and the machine for damage
- Remove the machine from the crate.
- Absolutely do not get rid of the crate. It is built specifically for the machine and if you should need to ship the machine it will necessary to ensure it is safe in transit.
- Set the machine on a stable and level surface.
- Inspect the machine for damage. If you find any damage, please contact us immediately.
Step 2: Water Quality and Plumbing in your machine
- Before introducing any water to the machine, it’s important to test it to make sure it is adequately soft
- Use the included water test strip to verify the softness of your water. Ideally, we’re looking for a softness below 50 ppm.
- For more information on water, take a look at CliveCoffee.com/water or click the link in the description of this video.
- Once you have verified your water is adequately softened and filtered, fasten the included drain line, and secure it with a hose clamp.
- Your line should route down vertically to ensure proper draining.
- Attach your drain line using a John Guest fitting to your filtered water source.
- Open your water line and check for leaks at all the connection points.
Step 3: Turning on your machine and filling the boilers
- Plug in your machine
- Turn on the machine by flipping the main power switch on the front of the machine.
- With the power on, the machine will automatically begin heating and filling its boiler.
- You’ll know the machine has come to temperature and is ready to pull shots when the machine sounds off with a few beeps. This takes about 20 minutes.
- At this point, your machine is ready to pull your first shots.
- With coffee in your portafilter, lock it into the group head.
- Turn the right-hand dial to illuminate the one or two cup profile modes, and press the dial to begin pulling a shot. Press again to stop.
Step 4: Volumetric setup
- To program volumetric dosing for the one or two cup profiles, simply hold the dial/button until the selector light begins blinking.
- Press again to begin the shot, and press it once more when you’ve reached the desired shot volume.
- The machine will remember the dispensed volume of water and automatically stop at that volume in the future!
- If you accidentally set the wrong volume or wish to alter to volume simply follow this same procedure.
- A unique feature of the Dalla Corte Mina is its Bluetooth connectivity.
- You can pair your machine with a smartphone app in order to set the temperature and water volume and even control extraction time.