Congratulations on your new Profitec Pro 300 Espresso Machine. Watch our setup video below on this PID operated, dual-boiler machine to help you get started.
Step 1: Inspect the box and the machine for damage
- Inspect the box for damage
- If the box isn’t damaged, support the machine from the group head and bottom of the rear panel, and lift the machine out of the box.
- Make sure the machine is on a stable, level surface
- Take the bag off the machine
- Inspect the machine for any damage
- If you see any damage, please contact us immediately.
Step 2: Water quality and filling water tank
- Make sure to use filtered and softened water for your espresso machine
- Before filling, test the water hardness using the test strip included with the machine.
- Ideal water hardness is below 50 ppm.
- Please read The Importance of Water and Your Machine to learn more about our recommendations for water quality.
- Once you know your water is adequately soft and filtered, fill the water tank at the back of the machine.
Step 3: Starting your machine and filling the boiler
- Plug your machine in and turn on the power switch
- The machine will automatically start filling the brew and steam boilers. This process will take around 1-2 minutes.
- After boilers have filled, you’ll want to run some water through your brew boiler and group head. Flip the switch on the front panel to activate the pump. Once 4 ounces of water have run through the group head, turn off the pump and insert the portafilter.
- At this point, you’ll have used much of the water in the reservoir. We’d recommend refilling the reservoir now to avoid running out of water.
- The last step is to heat the steam boiler by flipping the steam switch located next to the power switch.
- Now your machine is set up and ready to go. We’d recommend waiting 10 minutes for your machine to come to temperature before pulling shots or steaming milk.