You will need to allow the machine to fully cool and unplug it before doing this procedure.
1. Remove all of the panels (including the panel from the top of the group head).
2. Remove 1 wire from the safety switch on the steam boiler (left side of the machine) and group head (on the inside, back of the group head).
2. Remove the expansion valve from the machine. Make sure you have water in the water tank, and put the drip tray back in place after removing the expansion valve.
3. Open the ball valve inside the top of the machine by removing the gold plug and then turning the black switch, which will allow some water to flow out through the expansion valve into the drip tray.
4. Remove the inlet to the pump on the back right corner of the machine.
5. Once the water line is disconnected, plug the machine back in and turn it on. Turn the grouphead lever to "brew" and allow water to flow out of the expansion valve into the drip tray. Once it starts to sputter off, turn the brew lever off and turn the machine off.
6. Finally, remove the plug from the steam boiler on the right side of the machine, connect a tube or hose to catch the water that will flow out, and then open the ball valve to allow the steam boiler to fully drain into a pitcher or sink.
7. Reattach the 2 wires to the safety switches, reinsert the plugs in both of the ball valves and shut the ball valves, reattach the water line to the pump and then put the panels back on the machine.