Congratulations on your new Profitec Pro 600 Espresso Machine. Watch our setup video below on this dual boiler, E61 group head machine to help you get started.
Step 1: Inspect the box and the machine for damage
- Remove the machine from the box. We recommend saving all of the packing materials and boxes.
- Set the machine on a stable and level surface.
- Inspect the machine for damage. If you find any damage, please contact us immediately.
Step 2: Water Quality and Filling the Reservoir
- Before introducing any water to the machine, it’s important to test it to make sure it is adequately soft
- Use the included water test strip to verify the hardness of your water. Ideally, we’re looking for a reading below 50 ppm.
- Please read The Importance of Water and Your Machine to learn more about our recommendations for water quality.
- Once you have verified your water is adequately softened and filtered, fill the machine’s removable water reservoir.
Step 3: Filling your boilers and turning on the machine
- Plug in your machine and turn on the power switch
- With the power on, the machine will automatically begin heating and filling the steam boiler.
- The machine’s boilers will be up to temp (200°F for the brew boiler, 270°F for the steam boiler) in about 12 minutes; we recommend giving the machine an additional 10 minutes to warm up its portafilter and group head.
- Also, if you want your machine ready when you wake up, we recommend picking up an outlet appliance timer that supports the machine’s wattage.
- At this point, your machine is ready to pull your first shots. With coffee in your portafilter, lock it into the group head and simply lift the brew lever all the way up to begin pulling espresso, and flip it all the way down to stop.